We did not plan for pets on this cruise. After losing my cats of 15 years, within five months of each other, just as we were buying Sea Life, I told myself that it was karma and good timing. Karma had other plans for us, when a rambunctious kitten dive bombed my feet on the walk home from the post office to our house. The plan was to find him a home, but after finding out that nearby homeowners moved and took his mother, leaving him behind, I was hooked.
Scott has been a prince about it, as I know it still sticks in his craw that we are traveling with a pet. He named Howard, after our post office and home location, Fort Howard. Scott and Howard have terrific play sessions that leave Howard exhausted. This is helpful, as this nearly three year old male cat is like raising a two year old toddler… complete with tantrums!
Howard has adjusted well to boat life, and thinks that our entire marina pier is his. It’ll be quite an adjustment when there are no boards to walk, or tables and dock boxes to crawl around and under. He’ll also miss all the dogs who pass by, as he likes to show them who’s boss and who’s pier they’re on.
Check out Howard’s regular antics:
- Snug Harbor And Our Last Days In The San Blas Islands June 9, 2017 - We waived a final goodbye to the swimming pool anchorage, and traveled six hours east to Snug Harbor, one of many anchorages, islands and villages farther east in the San Blas. The quiet anchorage was beautiful, surrounded by small islands made up of palms and mangroves, and again set against the lush mainland mountains. The … Continue reading Snug Harbor And Our Last Days In The San Blas Islands
- Dinner And Drama May 5, 2017 - We enjoyed getting to know Michele, who was visiting our friends Dani and Tate (s/v Sundowner), so before she left to go home, Scott and I wanted to have the three of them aboard Sea Life for dinner. Unfortunately, when date night came around, Dani wasn’t feeling well, so Tate and Michele joined us as … Continue reading Dinner And Drama
- Our Passage From Cartagena To Puerto Rico May 3, 2017 - There are still several posts to come, about the end of our time in the San Blas and our stay in Cartagena. I try to be detailed in my writing, as well as in editing and labeling the many photos related to each post. It’s frustrating to be so far behind, but all of this … Continue reading Our Passage From Cartagena To Puerto Rico
- Our First Visitor!! April 20, 2017 - Not long after we began our journey, and were spending the month of December in Key West, Florida, several friends visited us during our stay; a quick, easy trip, no customs and warm weather. Of course, we had a great time with everyone who came to Key West, but we’ve been anxious to have visitors … Continue reading Our First Visitor!!
- Visiting The Western San Blas April 10, 2017 - After Howard’s Panama City adventure, we headed back to the Eastern Holandes. We were told that Howard’s post-vet photo didn’t come through on my previous post. It can now been viewed, but here he is in all his shaved belly glory, just hours after returning from his adventure. Our route took us past the Carti … Continue reading Visiting The Western San Blas